View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 AM
joewaggoner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't know there were chapters... Sounds great! I'm new to diesels and got an F250 about 3 years ago - just now learning about the problems so I need all the help I can get.

Had to have the head gaskets replaced over the last couple of weeks while on the road pulling a 5th wheel - no fun! The guy told me the turbo might have issues because of moisture from the head gaskets and a pinched o-ring during the rebuild. I got it home and it started making a noise (pulsating whump) when I backed off the pedal. Posted on here and had someone suggest the turbo. Past two days had it cut out a couple of times and blow a lot of black smoke. Pulled into a truck lube and tire shop in Joplin and had someone listen to it - said it sounded like the turbo. Called the guy that rebuilt it and he said it sounded like the turbo. So, it sounds like the turbo...

I might just take you up on the look-see; I'm up in Rogers. As much as I'm dropping into this thing just to keep it running, multiple opinions can't hurt!