Old 10-31-2010, 12:30 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Actually I replaced the cups thinking I had a problem. After having removed them I don't beleive I did. But since the injectors were coming out anyway new cups with new sealant type went in to be on the safe side. A bad oil cooler o-ring was the problem. Later type oil cooler o-rings make me feel a bit better as well. No coolant in oil and no oil in coolant since the oil cooler R&R. Yes, I'm still running the OAT ELC.
Oops, My bad.

Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
"compatibility issues with the older injector cup material, sensors, front cover, seals, gaskets, o-rings, and other stuff, like certain head gaskets that have silicone sealing rings for the coolant flow holes"

I may be on borrowed time Stewart.

I have addressed the cups and and their sealant, the oil cooler o-rings/gaskets and have a new ECT sensor (the only sensor I can think of that comes in contact with the coolant).

Front cover seal, head gaskets and "other stuff", I'll just have to wait and see. If the head gaskets give me a problem it will be a good time to go to head studs while replacing. Leaking front cover and the engine has to come out . . . ouch. I'll do the Melling LPOP then, if not sooner.

Was it OTTOMATIC that has a high mileage E99 that has been running OAT ELC for most of those miles without problems?
Yep, Otto has a lot of miles on OAT.