View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 12:06 AM
offlinepk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pulled the bed today and checked again to see if i could hear the pump cycle, and still nothing. So my next step was to hook up the multimeter to the plug and see if i had juice, which i did. At this point i was 99% sure the pump was bad so i went ahead and swapped it out (new one was just over $200). By the way i didn't notice at first that the pickup was spring loaded and sat there wondering why the pump wouldn't go in all the way until my friend noticed on the old one. So i just pushed down a bit and screwed on the retaining ring, DUH! I hooked the battery back up and switched on the ignition and for a second couldn't hear anything although my friend who was standing next to the tank said he heard it cycle. I turned the ignition over, it cranked a few times and fired right up WooHoo! Pretty easy to do actually, i think removing the bedliner was the hardest part. Now i have to call and see what a mechanic would have charged me so i can find out how much i saved by doing it myself. Thanks for the help everyone!