View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 PM
jfive
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So there is a small diesel ford ranger allready. Hate to tell you this if you don't allready know it, but its only forsale in australia. Funny how the liberal europe, and aussies have all the turbo diesels made by american companys, but we can't get them cause of regulation. I tell you this though. Ford needs to do a new 2.3 turbo diesel, or maybe as big as 3.0. I mean Mahindra allready is making a 2.2 turbo diesel small truck that will get between 30 and 39 mpg and has enough torque to two a small trailer or boat, and can hold almost 3000 lbs in the bed. All at 22,000.00. Now I have a friend that has drove this truck and says its one of the coolest little trucks he has ridden in. Its confortable and he drove it all day in city(denver) and on the freeway, and it got 39mpg so thats how I know. Now taking in fords success with the 6.7 and the potential 26 mpg and half sizing it and half the weight in a truck and you should have 50mpg and almost 200 hp and 350 ft lbs tq. For your information the original rangers had either a mitsu diesel or one made by a subsiderary company of cat. Imagine the same displacement and twice the power. I do hope this is on fords minds as much as it is on ours. Also chevy has had a smaller duramax in the plans for years that was suppose to go in its suvs to get them into the 20+mpg range. Stupid hippies don't realize diesels are green.