Thread: DieHard Battery
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by alloro
Do you have any links to any information that back this up? I'm not questioning you, or giving you a hard time. I want the information because of someone on another board I frequent. They totally trash the Everstart batteries as being substandard and I haven't been able to find any information to offer in the debate. Thanks!
Well, I can do Internet searches for you but would assume you know how to use Google as well Here is a quick link that looks pretty solid but you can supplement on your own:

Duralast Batteries | Compare Reviews and Trusted Advice from Battery Experts

Keep paging down for all the pretty pictures of batteries made by JC...

Note also the following:
1. Everstarts were Consumer Reports best buys in virtually every size. Find a CR auto issue or annual buyer's guide with their battery tests and you can confirm that they rank near the top in performance and consistently are best buys (along with Costco's Kirkland batteries, which are also JC batteries) Direct the critic to Consumer Reports.
2. Did you read what I said about the octagonal cap shape? Look at the batteries and you will be able to recognize this.
3. I cannot promise that every Everstart or other house brand is always going to be a JC because I'm sure that the big chains shop around with different suppliers if they can save a dollar per unit. But my original 7 year Motorcraft, as well as the Motorcraft that lasted 7 years in my wife's old 1998 Sable, as well as the Everstart in my van, have the octagon caps. So do Diehard golds.

Note that I personally dislike Walmart and would have preferred buying at Costco, but I needed a battery one day, Costco was out of them, and Walmart was a mile away.

edit--did a little more Internet searching and although most Everstarts (including mine) are JC made, some areas have Everstarts that are made by Exide. Trust the octagonal caps to identify a JC battery. And the word is to NOT trust Exides. Maybe the critic guy has had experience with the non-octagonal cap Exide made Everstart batteries so everyone might be right

Good luck,
George