View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 AM
zerfetzen
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the good feedback. I will do my best to be as factual as I can.

Originally Posted by Blown 331
I also did not know NP203 was standard. I had a 1975 Highboy that I sold to my uncle. It has a C6 and a 203 case. My current 1976 also has a C6 but has a 205. My uncle thought all the highboy autos had a 203 case but I didn't think that was correct, he thought mine was swapped. However I don't think Ford ever offered a manual transmission with the 203 case in any truck. If this is true then I would have to say the standard highboy case with a manual trans would be a 205 since you could not get a 203 at all? There might be some debate to that....Though I think an argument could be made for 1977 since the 460 swap is simple on those. If I was going to build a highboy I'd prefer a 1977 but to leave one mostly stock I'd say 1976.

I was not aware of the standard cab only. Mine says Custom on the glove box, so that does not belong there? Its a different looking emblem than I've seen on the 77.5-79 trucks.

My 1976 has 2 seat belt retractors on each side. One up top like the 77-79 trucks and one down at the floor, kinda weird. It looks like it could be easily updated to the newer style but any idea what the story on those is? My passeger side seat belt is torn so I need to address it.

And I will look into a possible sticky!
Let's see how it goes with what was standard, regarding manual vs. auto and the associated transfer cases. Good point!

I forgot that the 460 swap is easier when you start with a 351M or 400, so I will edit that note in there.

It sounds like I'm misusing the term standard cab, and would like to see more replies about that. I'm thinking now I should've said regular cab, and will change it if that is confirmed.

I know next to nothing about seat belt retractors. Anybody?

You also make a good point about 77.5-79 trucks, but I will not mention the point because this topic is restricted to 67-77.5 Highboys...if I started making comparisons outside of that, who knows where I'd end up...probably posting about some early Datsun or something

77.5-79's are definitely great trucks, and better in many ways. I was always partial to the '79 F-350 4x4. Cheers.