View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
uofmgriz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U0105 Rearing it's ugly head

Just recently did some work to the ol' girl due to engine stalling and lack of power.

Pulled the codes and could've written a book about them...everything from Inj. 7 contribution, Insufficient EGR Flow, glowplugs, and camshaft sensor. Guy at the shop (not a Ford Stealership) recommends getting rid of egr cooler, inwhich was an upgrade I was wanting to perform anyways. Stripped down the engine (and cleaned thoroughly)and did the work myself. Got everything back together this weekend and fired her up. I re-installed my Edge Programmer to use strictly as a monitor and to pull DTC's. All the issues went away but now I have 2 new codes. P132B - Turbo Boost Control Performance and U0105 - Loss of Comm to FICM. I'm not worried yet about the boost control as I don't believe the truck has run long enough for the Turbo to perform it's learn cycle. The U0105 is the one that has me scratching my head at the moment. Hit up the tech files and did an advanced search through threads and found ways to check and repair your FICM. I'm one of the lucky ones with a 7 pin and I'm even luckier that it's reading around 48 VDC. I've checked the plugs to ensure that they are snug and the wires haven't come out of their pins. Also checked the FICM itself on its connector to make sure that any of the pins hadn't bent over when I plugged it back in after the egr delete/oil cooler upgrade. Everything seems to be happy go lucky, however truck will start and idle for about 5-10 min and shut down abruptly with the U0105 code. I haven't taken it out of the driveway yet as I don't intend on getting stranded. If I wanted to go for a walk, I'd go to a park.