View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 PM
79 Crewcab 4x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So... my new laptop works a lot better than the old one... which doesn't.

Update
Uh.... had plans for a flatdeck, but after a lot of abuse from my friends, the box is going back on... which means the rear axle had to come ahead. I'm midpoint on that right now, looks like a 6.5" slide but a crossmember rivet is in the way right now.

WORD TO THE WISE
DO NOT attempt to put the hydroboost in the factory 79 brake position... it messes up a bunch of stuff including but not limited to pedal alignment. At the point I had figured out that I had made this mistake, I figured it was too late and would deal with the problems as they came up. BOTH the brake and clutch pedal should end up to the left of the steering colum, mine do not. The booster on the 97 is offset to the drivers side and the 79 is slightly offset to the passengers.... just didn't think about it too much when I was putting it together but in reality, the 79 booster hole in the firewall should be closed off and a new one made to the drivers side.

HINDSIGHT...
I'd cut the 97 firewall out to include all the wiring holes, steering, brake and clutch holes. Even figure a way to get that little angly throttle pedal mount grafted in cause it's a pain right now.

UH...
There's been a bunch of stuff on the 90 donor truck that has made for a nicer swap... I'm betting that the pedal bracket from the 90 (mine was auto so minus clutch stuff) would have almost bolted into the 79 and made life a bit easier.