View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyByNight
Right on guys I wouldn't mind seeing some old shots of the rouge plant in Detroit and maybe the Fairlane Mansion if anyone has any.
I can check some of my messageboard sources. If I do find them I will gladly post them. Now if any future photo posts I make involves a photo that the guy has on his website will not be posted. Dont care to start anything and never did wanted to start any issues. But dont be suprised if it takes months to find a vintage photo of the Fairlane Mansion. Some photos are absolutely hard to find. Took me just over a year to track down a photo of the Ivy Russell ford dealership seeing as no one had the photo. Then the old photo of the Heights gas station my grandfather used to fill up the 56 I have a new photo of it but cant find vintage photos of it. One person told me to look into getting this one book on historic heights by this one woman who actually has the photo in the book or contact her if I just want the photo.

I have some photos I havent posted before, Just got done going through his site to verify that the photos I planned on posting arent even on his website to prevent any further issues. Hopefully posting these dont cause any more claims of copyright issues since these were all obtained freely from multiple sources from public library archives down to historical soceity messageboards.

Automatic Car Wash - 1920`s

US-59 Traffic Jam - 1962

Near League City - July 1956

Gulf Freeway - October 1958

610 Westheimer - December 3, 1964 (Joske's department store can be seen at bottom right corner)

And last one im posting now is of the automatic car counter taken in 1948 - 1949

I know as a fact these shouldnt be an issue posting them, I know he doesnt own these nor have these. These I obtained from the highway department for Texas which is one of my sources.