Old 09-16-2010, 11:02 PM
hugger94
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Converting 1989 F250 to electric lift pump

I am planning on converting from the manual lift pump to an electric one on my 1989 F250 7.3L IDI. I have purchased a NAPA electric pump rated at 4 - 6 PSI and 34 GPM.

My plan is to locate and fasten the electric lift pump to the existing manual pump, using a 90 degree fitting to screw the existing fuel line going to the fuel filter. The fuel line running down the frame has a rubber fuel line attaching it to the manual lift pump, I will be replacing the rubber fuel line and attaching it to inlet side of the electric pump. I am planning on using a 40 amp circuit breaker with the trigger wire being the FSS wire.

I am planning on blocking off both side of the old manual lift pump but plan on leaving it in place. I will effectively have bypassed the manual pump.

I guess I need to know if this plan will work or should I find another spot on the frame closer to the tanks between the FSV and the existing lift pump that I will be bypassing.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions, I would rather do it right the first time.

hugger94