View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Front Runner
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pkenn7
ok, i have a 02 v10 with 3.73 gears that im thinking of selling to get a 2011 6.2 (eventhough the looks havent grown on me yet)
so heres the deal, i drove a 6.2 w/3.73 gears today for about 30 min.
i was not impressed. sure, when you stomp on it it goes like a scalded cat, but it seems like it has no low end torque or response unless you pop it down a gear. whwn i got back in my truck (which has 35" tires) and drove it i was much happier with the performance.
will 4.30 gears/tuner/exhaust or any combo of those nake a huge difference? im kind of 2nd guessing myself now, i dont want to get "less" of an engine....

I had an 03 V10 Excursion with 3.73 gears and my 6.2 with 3.73 gears feels about the same to me. Just as quick and powerful IMO. Yes, it has less torque but it by far makes up for it with better fuel mileage. As far as getting "less" of an engine, that will be obvious because you'll be going from a powerful V10 to a powerful V8 engine. So yes, you'll be getting less of an engine, but a heck-of-a lot more truck with many great features. So it will be some what of a trade off. Trust me, the more you drive the 6.2 the more it'll make you smile.