Old 09-11-2010, 08:45 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Streak
Speed limiting devices are required on big trucks in Ontario. Why not require it for every vehicle?
This ones easy, cause you cant spoon feed everything, to everyone. I mean people need to act certain ways in society, follow some sort of rules, and most certainly be held accountable for their own actions, good and bad!

Originally Posted by loudfords
It would be more fair if the speed limits weren't so artificially low!
In your opinion, what should they be? Keeping in mind all the new drivers we see each year, plus tons of crappy drivers, plus the handful of decent drivers that all have to share these roads...

Originally Posted by Red Ford Truck
It's all a big game, the cheapest piece of crap car will do 100mph, if the law makers and cops don't want folks to speed they should legislate that no automobile be capable of speeding.
It shouldnt be up to the vehicle manufacturer for a driver to operate that vehicle at a certain limit at all. People should be held accountable for their own actions! Laws are in place for reasons, and there should be speed limits set in place. Its more of a safety issue then anything

The Government Morals are always based on Revenue, I mean really how many folks are killed by Street racing? (Illegal) As compared to Smoking (Legal), Drinking (Legal).
I wonder how many car accidents are cause due to speeding, which in turn keeps insurance rates sky high, does kill people, etc. ?

Sorry if this post seems harsh and it is not meant to offend anyone But there has to be more important tasks at hand for our politicians to be addressing than Racing and 40KPH over the speed limit.
I agree that its easy to sit on the sidelines and say how others should do stuff (i do that myself just the same as anyone) but even this small stuff needs to be addressed. There NEEDS to be some limits and laws set for certain things otherwise people will just go nuts. Now I dont think every law that is made is right either, and Ill be the first to admit I dont follow them all to a T but I do understand why they are there!

Good discussion by the way fellas