View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:02 PM
glenntwo
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse Panel Diagram for 1989 E-250

Has anyone a fuse panel diagram for a 1989 E-250? Can't seem to find one anywhere on the interthingies. I need to find out a couple of things.

1. Which unused fuse slots are ignition-controlled? I am installing an extra power socket pigtail for my satellite radio so I don't have to use the one on the dash. The OEM lighter is always hot, and I am worried about the battery running down if I forget to switch off the XM radio, so if figure tying into something ignition-controlled is the best way to go.

Another reason I am doing this is because I have just discovered that when I turn on my headlights, it shuts off power to the lighter, which of course shuts off the XM. I suspect that the wire from the lighter to the wire is misplaced in the panel, but without a panel diagram, it's kind of hard to find out.

3. Also, I have blown two stop light fuses in the last three months. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for when it happens. I now check my stop light fuse every day before I drive, which is a PITA of course. I figure these two things might be tied together somehow, so I need to get my hands o a diagram and see if all the wires are going where they are supposed to. I have a Haynes manual here, but it gives me about ten words on the subject, and zero diagrams. Not very helpful.

Anyone with a diagram or some info they could pass along would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by glenntwo; 09-10-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: clarity