View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
fordpstroke11
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by sammy77
IMO 06 & 07 seem to be the less problematic ones, although my early build 05 has been rock solid(knock on wood). I recommened goin into the 6.0 section and reading the Tech folder. That is a HUGE asset to have. I'll say this, the 6.0 has a bad rep, a rep that should have never been because of the confusion out there. Its a great motor when cared for properly stay on a severe service maintenance schedule and follow the tech folder and you're good..

I wouldn't take a 2006 model actually. I've heard of the same old 6.0L problems from the earlier ones. But then from other folks and internet, I've heard that the 05 to 07 6.0L was just as good, if not better, as the 7.3L in reliability. My last work truck was a 1997 F-350 7.3L Powerstroke and I'd take the 6.0L over it any day as to what I've experienced so far with it. The power is a HUMUNGOUS difference. At first I didn't want an automatic tranny but I got the truck shipped to my local dealer and so far this automatic has ran circles around my old 5-speed manual!