Old 09-06-2010, 02:33 AM
krumpelsaurusrex
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again, and help looking for a shop to rebuild heads.

Hello All,

Been a while since I have been on here. In short I moved up to the high desert. shortly after that my father passed away so I had mom and sis to take care of. Also in the last 11 months of my B.S. program at Azusa Pacific. Expecting our second child as well in March. So I have been a bit busy, and unfortunately the Ford has sat patiently waiting for some attention.

I decided to get her running again, and did a compression check (most were 120-135, tested cold and pretty much sitting for 6 or more months). Cylinder 7 only measured 30. Removed the rocker arms and shaft and aired up the cylinder and it looks like I have an exhaust valve leak. Lots of buildup around springs as well. So it seems the resolution is to have my heads rebuilt. My question is

1. What should I expect to have both heads rebuilt?
2. Where should I take it?

I have a 69 f-250 w/360 (no history on engine is known). I live in the high desert so that would be best, but I work down in the inland empire. Also willing to travel around so-cal to get the best work/price. While I would love to do as much work myself as possible (more for the learning factor), this is beyond me and I don't have the tools anyways.

What do you think?