Thread: My Week Off
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
LightningRyan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Week Off

Last week I had a week off and man was it busy. First weekend Saturday I was at Arthur, That was awesome! Lots of great looking trucks. Great day in general. Met some great people like Rick and Frank.

Sunday the Truck and I went to visit some Family and friends in Sault Ste. Marie, Had fun went fishing, swimming and had some fun. Got my oil changed at Maitland Ford, good guys. Argued with a salesman at a toyota dealer cause he wouldn't leave the girlfriend and I alone(my GF was looking at an Escape). Left on Wednesday, got home at about 11pm, did some laundry and packed for Thursday.

Thursday my dad and I left for Kansas City at about 7:30am. We were headed to LightningFest 7. Got there at about 3am thursday night/ Friday morning. I had to be up and at the track for 8am. I had never been to a Drag Strip or raced on one before so I went down 12 times that day with my best time being a 13.99, It was amazing Met tons of great people and had a blast. Got back to the Hotel at around 7pm and CRASHED.

Saturday got to the track about 10am and went down the strip 3 times. my best time was 13.97, unfortunately I was eliminated in the first round. But that's ok cause I didn't care about winning. I was there to have fun. Got back to the hotel and about 10pm everyone was in the parking lot drinking lol. So my dad and I went out and brought our 24 of Canadian. Met some great people shot the **** with the president of NLOC and passed out a bunch of beer. Everyone LOVED the Canadian!

Sunday woke up and had to be at the Hooters of Independence for 9am. Truck show was awesome. I won 3rd in my class(I think the Canadian helped ).

Monday we left at about 9:30am and got back at 5am on Tuesday lol, THANK GOD I DIDN"T HAVE TO BE AT WORK UNTILL 11am on Tuesday. It was completely worth it! I had a BLAST all week!

you can see my pictures from LightningFest 7 here:
Pictures by Canadian_Bakon - Photobucket

As well, as the truck show here:
Pictures by Canadian_Bakon - Photobucket