View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes for sure you want the exact color glass. From my experience-which is just an average user etc--not an expert, but i see side glass in the Sacto Vintage Ford catalog for your truck in Clear,Tinted,and Smoke.

What color is your side glass? I don't know over the years how consistant the different colors of tints will be. I'd guess that would vary. It appears that the side window glass at Sacto Ford is a bluish/green Tinted. And I don't have any Smoke but its described as gray/blue. You can phone them at 888-FORD-100 and they could give you a better idea I suppose.

The windshields for a 57-60 are either "totally" tinted or totally clear, but not available--apparantly in my catalog anyway--for just a shading across the top etc. Not the 57-60 anyway, other years yes. And when they say tinted windsheilds I don't see the colors of tints available? Or its not clear to me. You'd need to ask the salesperson to be sure.

Some or all of the catalog might be available on line at www.vintageford.com. Or you might order a catalog--I think there's a small fee. Also you can check Dennis Carpenter on line for their door/window seals. There catalog is available on line in pdf, but i don't think?? they sell glass for your year? I might be wrong?

www.dennis-carpenter.com

I think most of my door&glass seals are from Sacto Ford, but some prefer Dennis Carpenter rubber etc. I couldn't say. I dont' think I've bought the Dennis Carpenter rubber so can't say which is better. Maybe there's a difference. Maybe not.