View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
a123anonymous
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cannot shift out of park.

We have a 2005 f150 king ranch v8 5.4L with center console shifting that will not shift out of park.

We moved the truck and put it in park. We changed rear brakes and rotor on the right side. We get in the truck to move it again and the shifter will not move. Tried jacking the back up again and moving the tires a little (thought they may have moved slightly taking the lugs off.) Checked owners manual to find out that it may be brake lights or the #16 fuse that is for brake shift interlock. Checked both brake lights and the fuse and they were both working and good. Checked all fuses and a couple were bad, replaced them. The manual said that you can bypass the interlock by putting parking brake on, turn key off, remove key, remove center console cover, press and hold white button and the shifter still wouldn't move. I am wondering what I can do to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

I mentioned we just changed brakes because could have that caused this problem, OR perhaps it was just a coincidence that it happened right after we changed brakes?