View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 05:19 PM
PrPlayboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Escape Pros and Cons?

Originally posted by bvander
I bought an 01 in november of 2000. It was one of the first Escapes on the road. I love the power and space. Unfortunately, I think it's cheaply made. Lots of wind and road noise ....creeks and cracking. I've had numerous problems too. It spends an incredible amount of time in the shop. I've had 3 alternators replaced, the coolant sending unit, cracked master cylinder cover, screwed up window tracking, a broken cd player laser lens, and a broken back window washer line that sprayed water all over the passenger side floor. I've got got 45,000 miles on it and at about 35000 the trans was slipping. It was found that they never put enough trans fluid in it. They didn't replace the trans just filled it and it was fine but I'm nervous as far as what damage was done. Also recently my radio display just disappeared. The dealer says it's not covered cause I am now in the extended waranty milage. . I don't know what to do but live with it cause it's a Mach 7 system and I hate to replace it cause I don't know what will mesh with the speakers and don't want to have to buy all new ones.
It's been a real nightmare owning this car. I wish I leased it so the lease would just expire. It's almost paid off now and I really don't want to buy something else and ad another payment, but the thought of what is next on this thing scares me. You other guys seem not to have these problems. I may be bad luck. I had an f-150 new in 98 that qualified as a lemon before the year was up and nobody else I new seemed to have problems with it.

You can change the radio and put a $10 harness in that will allow
you to use the stock amp and speakers.
If you have any questions on your trucks system come over to the audio section of the board and post there.

As far as all your trouble,....... seems you got the one made in tiawan