View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:37 PM
DeereTech05
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 150ford
Are you doing the rebuild your self just curious? What kind off cost is involved. I think I would use 10w 30 diesel oil for the initial break in. Tolerances are tight so quick lubrication is critical. A thinner oil will serve the purpose. 50 or 100 miles change it an then maybe after 500 more miles change it again. Then you should be set to go normal intervals. I use Archer oil. Its an aircraft grade oil that is very high quality. Its not advertised much but its excellent lubrication. How many miles on the original motor? Sorry for all the questions. Just very curious. Good Luck
No problem on all the questions. I am building it myself. I have about $520 in machine work (heads gone through, block bored to .040, sleeve in #5 cylinder, polished crank, mic'd cam, and I think he drilled out some broken bolts), $1780 in overhaul parts, $1095 for 8 injectors, $550 for PHP Pheonix chip, $100 for a new used turbo.......... Im sure there are a bunch of little expenses like paint, sealants, whatnot.

I bought the truck with 236,000 miles on it, everything appears to be orriginal, the air box was broke so they dusted the engine.