View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 04:19 PM
dads77
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Military Registrations...

Sorry fo posting to an old thread. But thought I would post my experiance with smogging an out-of-state registered truck in So- Cal just to get a base sticker. I have a 77 F240 w/ a stock 400. The truck had been sitting on a farm in east Texas since 1980. My dad sent the truck to me here in San Diego. After a good tune-up and new exhaust system. I found out I had to smog it to get a sticker. To get a base sticker your truck only needs to pass smog for that vehicle under the 49 state rule. IF you took off the stock smog for your state, ie cats, egr, ait pump,...etc... then you will have to replace. You do not have to pay for the money for the California smog cert,....just get the print out saying you passed. Luckly my truck is a 49 non-cataliyst. Believe it or not I did pass and got my sticker. It is a pain in the ***. So why do they require us to get a smog on a vehicle that is not even registered in this state. Because the Ca smog weenies were threating to fine the base commanders for not controling polution, the only way they could get away from it was to say everyone has to get a smog. The funny thing is government vehicles do not require a smog???? Pure California bureacratic B.S.
Good Luck