View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
BigPapi
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirty Injector - Fix

When cold, 15 - 20 minutes of driving, my truck would 'buck' on a slight grade when in OD (not pulling). It would happen at 50 and at 60 didnt seem to matter. After it got up to temperature it ran fine.

After reading several post on here, I performed a fresh oil change (seems it can help in some instances) with real noticable change. I posted some questions and was told before I start replacing injectors I should try seafoam. I'm not a big fan of chemical fixes (slick 50 anyone?), so I was kinda hesitant. I contacted seafoam (due diligence) to see what they recommended. Their tech told me a can and a half, in the oil was recommended for my application. He said put it in then drive it like you stole it.

So I took it out on I-20, took off pretty hard and ran it up to about 70 (it was already warmed up from the drive home). Did the return trip on the interstate the same way.

The next morning I cranked (crunk?) it up and let it idle for a couple of minutes before heading to work. Im a couple of miles away from Calhoun Expressway and I usually feel the bucking pulling the initial grade at about 50 there. To my surprise, and delight, it didnt buck. Not a bit. It was running smooth the whole way to work.

At lunch I get on I-520 and head towards SC, pretty good grade and distance on it, and again, no bucking.

It has been a couple of weeks since and I am about to swap the filter (just to be safe) in case any of the trash has gotten in it.

So this is a quick 'fix' for a crudded up injector.