View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That means they are selling your old truck for $8 or $9k...
(Hate to be a killjoy, but that's what they do. DOUBLE the value of any trade-in and off it as used - they will never give you it's resale value. They need to make commisission for the sales butthole, dealer fees, transfer fees, and also PROFIT from the resale.)

TELL YOU ANYTHING?

You'd have been better off selling your truck yourself, and banking the cash.

NEVER trade in anything, it's a rip-off.

(?) Or did you think they were not planning to make a considerable amount of money off of the deal?
DEALERS WORK LIKE THAT - get it!

They do NOTHING that does not bank them cash...

How did you think salesmen could afford suits so that they could sit in the air conditioning all day while the service area guys worked their butts off? You surely didn't think they made an hourly wage did you? They get a cut off of the sale to every single SUCKER

-and that includes USED vehicles.

In my honest opinion you got rooked, sorry about that but in my view it is true.

The dealerships MUST make a profit, or they fail. They are very good at making money off of the general public such as you and I.

IT IS OUR OWN INDIVIDUAL FAULT IF WE FALL FOR IT UNDER PRESSURE

*DON'T accept the pressure...

You know what scares salespeople the most?
The fear that we realise that we have "WALK-AWAY" power...

That we can just shut down, close our minds to WHATEVER come-on's that they use, and just walk the (F) out without buying anything....

Having told you that - you should play with the idea.

SERIOUSLY!

~Wolf

PS: The most dastardly and convoluted strategy that sales people use is to challenge you that you can afford a thing -
Consider: You are told you CANNOT afford a thing.

What is your response? You move heaven and earth to prove that you can get it....
Instead - you should just say "KMA!"

Because AGAIN they are "SELLING", but they are selling you the ideation that you need to prove something - often to the point where you are over-extended and YOU KNOW IT

"A bird is a beautiful thing, I can flip someone the BIRD and never come back..."

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, remember that you DON'T HAVE TO COMMIT TO ANYTHING

PRESERVE your ability to just walk away. I can't imagine why so many people are stupid about that...

Which reminds me of something I heard somewhere:
"CHARISMA seldom survives a kick in the crotch"

~Remember that I said that, the next time you deal with a salesperson