Old 09-27-2002, 12:35 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need help replacing fuel filter in 1995 f-150

I haven't changed mine yet but have been reading about the repair. There is a fuel shut off switch( inertia switch ) under the dash on the drivers side, on the firewall, to the left of the brake pedal or behind the kick panel .You are supposed to start the truck and toggle the red button up with a screwdriver, if no button ,then pull off electrical conn. The gas pressure will be removed as the engine sucks up what is left in the fuel line, the truck will stall...then crank it some more to be sure. Disconnect your battery. The pressure will be gone and it should be safe to remove the filter. Remove fuelline-to-filter clips,one on each side...then you will need a special tool or equivalent to disconnect the filter from the lines. I have seen these tools in most good auto supply places, I not sure what you need though. The filter assy is held by two bolts remove those and you're done. Reverse the process to replace filter. I bought a Haynes repair book # 36058 and it has alot of stuff for the home mech. I wouldn't try to rebuild an engine using that book, but it helps with the small stuff.