View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
79 Crewcab 4x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll tell you what... this has taken so long that there is surface rust on the floor now from having the holes in the firewall open (brakes column etc) I grafted the two brake pedal brackets together the other day (no pics yet) but haven't bolted anything down so far. The hoses to the brake booster aren't long enough to mount anything to the firewall but the clutch master will go on although it's close (1/2" ish) to the Roda valve that's on the engine. Another weekend of rain so.... thinking the best bet is to clean out the garage and haul it home. Can't see needing the loader again until after it runs so wouldn't hurt having a roof over it again. I did pick up a big chunk of aluminum that resembles a flatdeck. It's 99" wide right now so plans are to cut it down to about 91-92". I was planning on being able to put 2 quads side by side on it but would have to pull a tape measure on a few in the group to figure out if I want deck that wide. FYI 99" is the width of a highway tractor service body here... which is where the deck part came from. As far as the 4x4 swap, still have all the parts available to do it, but probably just going to drive it for about a year before I rip it apart for that. Oh ya, and pretty sure I'm gonna put F600 hood hinges on it which will enable me to have removable inner fenders for better engine access in the future.