View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
TIKT B8
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Expedition got broken into!!!

We were on vacation and I was at a golf course. I finished my round and came out to my car to find that someone had stuck a screwdriver in the keyhole and pried the handle assembly away from the door. Luckily I do not keep anything in the car so they did not get anything. They had just messed with my parking permit for the condo at which we staying. Well of course they went and broke into several more cars in the condo parking lot that night. (including another friends expedition).

I took it to the body shop and it is $2200 in damage. They bent the door skin when they pried it, broke the lock assembly, handle assembly, scratched the keyless entry moulding and cut the weatherstripping.

Now my wife wants an alarm to somewhat deter people from picking our car. I know if they want it bad enough they will get it, but hopefully this will scare off most amateur thieves. I am going to go with the OEM Ford Gold package to keep only one key fob and add remote start while I am at it. I can get the alarm for $250 and can get it installed for $150.

Damn Thieves!!!