View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:16 AM
neil 95 e350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well lots of good ideas been tossed out, but one thing that i found made a world of difference was getting the rear track width equal to or slightly wider than the front track. if memory serves, the rear wheels are 3" closer together than the front. i ran spacers until the recent purchase of new wheels allowed me to specify backspacing sufficient to correct the problem w/o using the spacers. (hint hint i got a very nice set for someone with 8 on 6.5" just gathering dust)

other items- bilsteins all around - and i got tired of the rear shocks upper mount spitting out the rubber washers every 20-30k miles so i converted the upper mount into an eyelet style mount. also, bilstein will rebuild your old shocks and you can work with them to revalve to suit your needs for a very reasonable price ($65). they are in poway just down the road from me and are great to deal with.

polyurethane suspension bushings - esp for the sway bars front and rear. the really big sway bars.

a limited slip rear axle. gear up/gear down - whatever makes you happy, but stuff in an lsd.

with stock sized rubber and the above mods, i ran the length of the lower snake river canyon road _easily_ doing 75. just like Maples01, i was snugged in my chair, stereo cranked, a/c knocking down the 100deg+ heat to 72, hammering down the road to a cold beer and a weekend working high sierra.