Old 08-06-2010, 04:05 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wogdiml
I don't know anything about the road force balancing, except for what I've read on this website, but I am now considering asking Discount about it on a new set of Silent Armor tires I had put on my F350. I now have new shakes/vibration with the new tires at 65-70 mph, which I didn't have with the worn BFG's I replaced. So, although my wife's expedition seems to have been cured with the new tires I ran into the same sort of problem on my super duty. Sounds like the road force is a lot more precise way to go. They installed my Goodyears the other day so fast I suspect they might not have taken enough time to balance them right, but who knows. Thanks for the update on yours.
I would for sure have them road force them. Call the manager and they should do it for free. Also, I dropped mine off before for them to be road forced but it didn't do anything-I suspect they did a reg. balance, which on my tires, shows up ok. This time, the manager was really cool and said I will personally watch them do it and gave me a report after each tire. It did take a while-1 hour. Two of the tires were 7 pounds of force, the 38 and other 27.

He said anything over 25 pounds is grounds for a new tire and can be felt in the wheel. If your vibration is speed related, I am 99% sure it's the balance. Fords are sensitive to this.