View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement George---hope we've not created a monster!

If the Bilsteins would last 75k > 100k the blue chip investment might be worth it. As it is now I have at least $200 in the NAPA Premium's so longer life would certainly offset and make more reasonable that cost.

My most aggressive driving would be freeway ramps, exit and entrance. Its still a thrill going in just a bit too deep and too fast but hitting the marks for best performance. This assumes no other traffic around though---never looking to cause excitement for another. This is where firmly valved shocks would greatly the sway bars already in place. Since everything else is new Bilsteins would be the last remaining item.

You're correct about the GMC G vans----unibody "handling" is what I recall most about them. A friend dropped an LT-1 Chevy engine into his, found some outrageously road hugging suspension components and had a very tight and responsive vehicle. It was the longer wheelbase model, not sure of the measurement but wasn't the shortest available.

With the E Series we have body-on-frame, much higher ride height coupled with the 75 series tires they're not sports cars. Oh well----'twas a great idea until we started adding logic and reality to it all!

J W