Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll throw my hat into the ring!

Hello,

My name is Joe and I live up in Fort Wayne. I have been a pretty active member on FTE since I purchased my 2005 Excursion. I think I have a pretty good reputation on here as well. Prior to purchasing my Ex...I have pretty much bled blue my entire life.

My family and I RV all around the country and have used our Excursion to tow our current 31' travel trailer thru 35 states and counting.

Since I own an Excursion you can find many of my posts over in the Ex forum but I also frequent the towing and occasionally the V10 forums.

My passions on these forums are meeting new people but also in helping folks get their weight distribution systems set right to allow them to tow safely and comfortably...

For those that may have seen me over on RV.net...I go by crappie_fisherman over there!

The last 3 years I have organized and hosted with my wife what we call the Excursion Diversion Rally. Two times it was held down in Gatlinburg TN and just a couple of weeks ago we had our 3rd annual down in Santa Claus Indiana at Lake Rudolph campground and Holiday World Amusement Park. As host my job has been to recruit rally goers, organize and plan the agenda, get T-shirts designed, purchased and printed and also contact many of my contacts in the truck and RV business for 'freebies' for give aways at the rally. This year we had a bumper crop of goodies too for those that attended the rally. We are currently in the planning stages for our 4th Annual Excursion Diversion for 2011!!!

I am officially throwing my hat into the vacant position of Indiana Chapter leader and I feel I can help focus our chapter with some face to face events similar to the Excursion Diversion but for Indiana Chapter members. It is amazing how much fun face to face events are...even if it is just a Saturday afternoon at the Go-Kart track or something similar...it is also very cool to have a string of blue ovals (Ex's in my recent experience) tooling down the road in a road parade...I'd love to see something similar for the Indiana Chapter members!!!

My background is in Engineering Management primarily for NASA satellite weather sensor programs but I also have worked on projects that delivered weather sensors to the governments of Japan and Korea both of which are orbiting in a geostationary orbit as I type!

I ask for your assistance in helping me help this chapter continue the steps that have been made under SteveBricks these last few years.

With that I bid good luck to all the candidates that add their names to the list and for right now specifically to brit_wheels_fan...

Joe.