View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80
Hey man,she's looking great.If you have any questions about that cowl panel swap,give me a holler,I did it on my truck two years ago.I'm real happy with it.I have pics too if you would like to see em.

There's one thing I wanna throw out about that swap.Although it can be done with the hood attached,it's kinda tricky,and it's easy to bend the cowl getting it out/in.Your best bet is to remove the hood,or at least loosen everything up so you can pull the hood farther away from the cowl to get more room.

Yes, I would like to see some pictures of it. And I would like to know what it took to do the job. What tools should I carry to the JY, to remove the cowl, when I go searching for one? I have heard that about removing the hood, although I think I will take a shot at it first before I remove the hood.

On another note, I think my next project is going to be removing the front grille and such. I am wanting to clean up, prime, paint, and spray some undercoating on the area behind the grille and lights and such, and around the radiator, radiator supports, etc. I have a polyurethane body bushing kit on order now (hopefully it includes the radiator support bushings), and will be installing it in bits and pieces as I go along with the renovation.
I drove the truck all weekend, dump and store on Sat., and moving my daughter (7 trips) Sun., and I really have to say how much better it drives and handles with the new suspension bushings on. I am really pleased, even more so that I did it all myself. I think it drives even better than when it was new.