View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:26 AM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was looking for a roll-up but ended up changing my mind after reading and do some homework.
I also didn't like the idea of the plastic canister holding the front tire of a motorcycle, even though the companies said it would/should work fine.
A friend has the Pace Edwards "jackrabbit" and would not buy anther one. He has troubles with it falling out of the track... I think it is just a bad install but he is not impressed. He also had to make a chock for the front tire of a dirt bike. He didn't like the way the motorcycle pushed up against the plastic canister and he thought it didn't look strong enough.

I will have an update on the BakFlip HD (all metal) in a few weeks. I have already ordered mine.
I went to 4Wheel Parts and they had some small samples setup on the showroom floor that a person can play with and try out.

The BakFlip was super simple, clean fit, not alot of moving parts to go bad. I ended up going for the BakFlip since a person doesn't lose any bed space and they are super simple to remove if needed. Also I already have the short bed truck so I didn't want to give up any more space in the bed to a roll-up with a canister.