Thread: MI. Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:01 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks William, bigredtruckmi and Pat for the replies.

The job is in Midland and I dont know the driving conditions of the area and several other things about working in a colder climate. I have worked in Alberta for a summer stint but the family stayed here in Texas.

So as far as living in the area I prefer less big city a more of a rural setting but close enough to be able to get to work. The work is going to be demanding and so I will not have time to have a large property to deal with and need to be able to get to work easily at no more than a hour drive. Also on a rare day will it ever get into the teens here in Texas so I am not familiar with the cold weather life.
The 96 psd should be okay but my wife's car does not have a block heater.
In the winter months and other, do you carry certain items in your vehicle besides tools gloves etc.?
My wife is a little reluctant to make this jump, my current job is okay but the new one has a lot to offer. She is reluctant to move away from the family in the area and friends and all, so I have been trying to get some information about living in Mi. to be able to make a decision about this. My new boss (if I accept) is new to the area as well and he is out of Houston so he does not have much information about life and living in Michigan.

I may be able to use my position to get my son hired for the construction Co. Its 4 yr. exspansion project. So I pay for him right now most of the time; so if he does not get a job early on, thats not much of a concern. Currently he has two part time jobs one with a swimming pool co. and the other as a suite attendant at Reliant Foot Ball Stadium in Houston.

So I have been scrambling around on the pc to try and find information about the area in general.

I have a small window to decide on this. This job has a lot too offer. But I want to do whats right for my wife and family as well. So thats the reason I started this thread in hope of gathering more information about life in Michigan and working and living in the Midland area.

I really appreciate your replies and the information