View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 10:59 PM
mcpaul05
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
I'm pretty sure that you could get something better on there is all i'm saying. those 6.5 turbos from what i have seen aren't the most reliable little things out there. for the price, why not use it right? I just think you could get an HX35 to spool good and probably flows a lot more CFM.. Maybe even the turbo off a later model common rail cummins. they flow a lot of air(good for 500hp in a cummins) and have a really tight turbine housing(9cm)... They are also reliable as hell.

I'm just trying to throw out ideas man.. not knocking your setup. it works and if thats what your stuck on then awesome. Ideas never hurt anyone though.
I'm sure there might be a better turbo then the 6.5L for a build making more power. It wouldnt do me much good unless i did something about the restrictive intake and head. I'm sure once i get done with other projects i'll build a turbo motor for this truck and see what i can really get out of the 300. I did learn on thing because the turbo was from a 94 and had some miles on it, after the mock up and tuning it the bearings were alittle worn and it was very easy to rebuild it and it was only $25 for the rebuild kit.