View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, the EPA came out with regulations and CAT could suck up to it soon enough... at least, that's what I heard. It's kinda sad... CAT makes a nice-sounding motor. I talked to a guy who owns a HEAVY MOVING company (Premay in Canada) and he said the only motor that holds up is a Cummins. He said they run them at about 85% power ALL the time... when they did that to a CAT, he said they had issues with the blocks twisting up. I find that hard to believe, but I know the guy doesn't spin tales so my dad and I are kinda confused. My dad's company has always run CATs in their trucks and haven't had an issue with them. But then again, they don't run them at 85% power ALL the time either. But yeah, a CAT in a Ford would be the way to go.

And to the OP... even if you're not pulling alot, a diesel blows the gas outta the water with economy as well as reliability and longevity. Plus, the low-end torque allows for the peak HP and torque ranges to be at lower RPMs (under 3K) which is ALOT better than the gassers I have seen. But I don't wanna start another gas vs. diesel war... it's not going ANYWHERE and probably never will.