View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Will P
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going for an old school look for my truck. I want the flat black paint job with some brighter color highlights. I thought turquoise wheels with baby moons and a turquoise pinstripe down the middle of the bump. I'd like to find a drawing of a bump that I could import into paint and play with the colors a bit. I would like to do some turquoise highlights on the front as well. Maybe part of the grill or the bumper but I'm not sure. I'm looking for a good manual tranny. The truck has a 289 or 302 in it now with a T18 I think. I was reading about the T19 in another forum so that is probably what I'll go with because it is not a low geared tranny and would be better suited to highway use than the T18. I'm calling this project Truckenstein because it will have parts from just about every year bumps were made. I want to keep the interior 67 but the exterior doesn't really matter too much to me. The engine is still up in the air. I have a 460 that would be a beast but I also have a 5.0 that I might drop in there. I'll decide about that after I do some more work on the frame and body. Here are some pics of the tear down.....

Good solid cab mounts!!