View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 AM
StreamlineGT
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Towmanjbo
Couldn't you put everything in the spot you want to put the attachments?
The turn would be too sharp for the trailer to make.

How often do you anticipate using the trailer?
not sure, but pretty often. It would not only be a car/equipment hauler, but it would also transport large items, as my utility is enclosed, and can't house them. Sometimes I miss having a pickup.

Park the trailer in the hidden spot then park the attachments on it then cover with a green tarp. Could even paint the trailer green to match the tractor to make it blend in more.
Now that is just crazy talk.

If you can't park the trailer with your truck 'cause it's too long (for the hidden area), couldn't you do it with the tractor?
Again, the trailer wouldn't make the swing, but even if it did, I would have to make something work to get a ball on the thing. I have the draw bar that came with it, and I know they make a 3pt attachment for it, but the backhoe requires the removal of the 3pt hitch, and the backhoe stays on the machine almost all the time. Seems silly to unload the hoe, load the 3pt and the ball attachment, just to pull the trailer out, just to unload the 3pt to put the how back on.

I'm good with putting it where I want it, and I am doing a lot of work on the ouse for the wife this summer with the intent of cashing in some brownie points to get the trailer later this summer or fall.