View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 AM
tjcaustin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1962 f100 unibody

So no pictures yet, but will have some tomorrow probably, but I've decided (a decade too late) that it's time to restore/update the 1962 f100 that my dad got to be my first car.

Needs a small amount of fab work for rust, but fortunately a small amount and never had an engine in it, i guess the hamster that came stock died.

Juggling a number of ideas for what to do with it, but definitely want to update the suspension and brakes to something a bit more modern and have a couple options for my underpinnings. What ended up being my first car was a 1984 long wheelbase f150, so I've thought about doing some frame modifications to shorten it the 2 feet needed to match length and using the 351W and three speed manual in it and go from there...

OR: My uncle has a short wheelbase 93 f150 with 302/auto that I can purchase and not have to do any frame mods whatsoever.

As to engines, aside from what is attached to either frame, I could put a 390/auto in or a 460/3 speed manual so decisions are a plenty.

I've other ideas, like paint/wheels/interior/stereo/a.c./HID light conversion, but first step is getting body solid, then put on to whichever frame/drivetrain I, and my dad, decide is best, but to be sure, there will be pictures.