View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
willy3486
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puzzling to say the least. I don't remember ever seeing one like this, doesn't mean I haven't. I use to service radios years ago and I still have my paperwork/diagrams. I am wondering a few things. One is could this be a non ford made item that a vendor or a group of vendors got to install in the trucks? There were a few aftermarket radios made out there. I think automatic was one brand. Those types were sometimes not marked as well. Could it be from a mopar vehicle? It looks similar to those as well. I looked through my books and could not find a reference to a ca-2tpt in any ford,mercury,bendix,automatic or mopar radios. Another thing I wonder about is the screws. The odd head type on the case, most fords I remember used the 1/4 screws to hold the case together, most brands did. If I remember correctly most Americian made ones used the 1/4 screws and you would see the different types in aftermarket or foreign car radios. Does it have any other names,numbers,etc on the case other than what you see in the photos? If there words on the top of it? Have you had one of the covers to the top off so you can see the electronics? If so do you see any names on the parts? IF you have it off take a picture and post it. Anyway thats a stumper. If you get any more info post it and I will look again.