Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 AM
st381
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thinksnow
We have an 07 which I love. I've been having a periodic trans issue which I really want to get fixed. If I am at a full stop and goto pull out the trucks lugs forward almost like the traction control system is holding me back. It feels like the truck never down shifted itself to 1st geard and its trying to pull away in 2nd or 3rd. It will evertually kick down and find the correct gear but it can be scary especially when making a left in front of on coming traffic. Is this related to the problem you all are describing?
I encounter the problem you are describing only if I fail to come to a complete stop at a STOP sign. Lacking a stop sign, when you slow to a crawl, my tranny will lag as though the tranny is still in second. About 2 seconds later it drops a gear and pulls out normally. I make sure I come to a complete stop now if I feel I need immediate power to cut across traffic. Probably safer to do that anyways, gives you time to look before you pull out.

I am assuming that this is the issue everyone is writing about but am not sure. My fix: modify my driving style as best as I can. Sometimes the issue can't be avoided.