Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
thebnest
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been going round and round with my Service Department for over a year now with my 08 transmission. It's been reflashed three times and everytime the "bump" reappears in about 3 or 4 weeks. At times it's a slight bump, other times it feels like I've been rear ended. Yes - it's been that violent at times. Service Department installed an onboard "flight recorder" to record the conditions prior to and after the incident. Once I recorded 4 "incidents", I took it back in, they downloaded all of the info to the engineers in Detroit, a week later with "lots" of troubleshooting in between, I got my answer - "Your transmission is working as designed, no troubles noted". Trouble showed up at about 26K miles, I just turned 40K. I bought it new, with 36 miles on it....I'm having SEVERE heartburn trying to get over the fact that I paid so much for this Limited with EVERY OPTION available with the exception of day time running lights and the EL...to be having this kind of BS problem. This board is littered with people complaining about it, with mixed results. I'm over it....

My advice, buy another low mileage 2000. I had a 99 Eddie Bauer that was the best dam vehicle I've ever owned, almost 200K on it before my oldest son totalled it, I'd still be driving it today if not for that.

I just went in for a regular service/oil change. Manager asked how the transmission was operating, I told him the same as it was and apparently will from here on out. I told him that it was pretty f-ing obvious that they didn't have anybody that knows HOW to fix it or anyone that even gives a RAT'S @$$ about it @ Ford - not just his Service Mechanics, because for the most part his mechanic has bent over backwards to figure out WTF is going on with it.

Thankfully I purchased the 7 year 100K mile warranty, at 99K miles that b1tch is leaving my driveway. If I can stomach it for that long.

If I were you, and you're hell bent on buying an 07 or 08, I'd insist on a weekend long test drive, that'll give you some idea IF it's going to do it and that's IF the CPU hasn't been reflashed recently. Reflashing has been nothing more than a temporary fix.