Old 07-03-2010, 01:37 AM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
calipers hanging up, gonna need suggestions

Hey guys I have had cruddy braking for a while, doesnt seem like the brakes disengage fully while going through traffic and today I lifted the front to do that ball joint/ bearing check and theyre okay, but I noticed caliper must be hanging up because the tires did not want to spin freely and I could hear the pad rubbing on the rotor as it turned, full force turn and the tire wouldnt make a full revolution so I think the calipers are stuck, I'm planning on replacing them, but now I'm scared because I don't know if that excessive heat in the wheels could have hurt and of the bearings in there, I'm sure my rotors must be warped however when I brake the truck doesnt shake so I might be lucky, this is a problem I need to address immediatly (atleast it is IMO) are they're any quirks I should know about for doing the front brakes on a dual? its pretty much just pulling tire, taking out the two bolts, disconnecting brake line and reassemble? also is there any funny business to know about with the front rotors for my truck?