View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
"We'll Stick a boot in your ***, Cause it's an American way."
Happy July Southern California.

Some Things to Happen on July First are:
1863-The Civil War Battle of Gettysburg began.
1867-Canada became a self-governing dominion of Great Britain.
1898-Theodore Roosevelt and his "Rough Riders" waged a victorious assault on San Juan Hill in Cuba during the Spanish-American War.
1916-Dwight D. Eisenhower married Mary "Mamie" Geneva Doud in Denver.
1943-"Pay-as-you-go" income tax withholding began.
1946-The United States exploded a 20-kiloton atomic bomb near Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.
1963-The U.S. Post Office introduced five-digit ZIP codes. (Y'all Are a Little Too Young to remember this one...)
1966-The Medicare federal insurance program went into effect.
1968-The album "Music From Big Pink" by the Band was released.
1968-The United States, Britain, the Soviet Union and 58 other nations signed the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
1984-The Motion Picture Association of America established the "PG-13" rating. (I alway's thought that came about in the Late '60s...)
1987-President Ronald Reagan nominated federal appeals court judge Robert H. Bork to the Supreme Court. (Bork was later rejected by the Senate.)
1991-President George H.W. Bush nominated federal appeals court judge Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court.
2000-Vermont's civil unions law went into effect, granting gay couples most of the rights, benefits and responsibilities of marriage.
2000-The Confederate flag was removed from atop South Carolina's Statehouse.
2004-Actor Marlon Brando died at age 80.
2005-Sandra Day O'Connor, the first female Supreme Court justice, announced her retirement.
"Then: Tryin' To look like Marlon Brando or Elizabeth Taylor.
Now: Tryin' NOT To Look like Marlon Brando or Elizabeth Taylor." (Who's Elizabeth Taylor...? I remembered that joke from my contests, it was a quote I put at the bottom)