View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05 AM
david_jr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Lease end options

The lease is up on my 2008 Limited 4X4 in two months. Got a letter from Ford saying they would make the last two payments if I buy something else. Here's my options: 1) turn it in, walk away clean; 2) buy it, buyout is $20,500; 3) trade for new Expy.

Current vehicle has 15.5K miles and is in excellent condition and was recently serviced at 15K and found to have excellent tread and brake life in all 4 wheels. Car has only towed light trailer a few times. Truck is black and is a head turner and has garnered lots of comments from onlookers. Current lease payment is just under $600 mo. Current Kelly trade in value according to Kelly site is $31.7K.

Not sure what Ford will offer (if anything) to finance the $20.5K. Current rates around 6.5% figure around $540 mo.

I found a new 2010 EL Limited 4X4 near me with a sticker price of $55.3K. It is pretty much loaded with everything we currently have plus Nav & rear DVD, backup camera, remote start and power running boards. Ford new car financing is not that great right now with 0% for 36 mo., 1.9% for 48 mo., 2.9% for 60 mo. and 4.9% for 72 mo. Apparently Ford is not leasing these any more. If Ford came anywhere close to the Kelly figures (I know they never do) then we could possibly get out the door for $40K and for 60 mo. a payment of about $750. Anyone know of better financing deals?

I would appreciate thoughts on whether you think it is worth upgrading to the new EL or just sticking with what we have. We really would like to have the EL for the additional room. Ther are 5 of us and we have 3 teen boys and a dog that travel with us. We are also planning on getting a camper and 4X4 is a must here.