View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 01:40 PM
DailyDriver
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Higher Registration Fees

Yeah, this whole rate hike affects the entire state. I hinted to the wife about maybe buying a new mini van or a truck. We've owned Dodge mini vans for the last 14 years. Our current one is showing it's age and mileage. If we ever get another one, it will be the Ford Windstar. I also hinted about maybe a truck. She kinda liked that idea. But with the current state of taxes and registration fees, she says no way. I can see her point.

I guess I'll have to just keep old faithful on the road for a while longer. In the past 6 months I've had to replace a drive axle, fuel pump, A/C compressor, (ac still under warrenty from the last time we replace it, WHEW!). The power steering pump is starting to make noise now. I told her that it won't be too long and it will start to nickle and dime us into poverty. And the latest thing was the other day when we came home from church and she tried to open the door. The inside latch mechinism inside the door went south and she couldn't open the door. I looked at her and just said "well you know...." She said she doesn't care and refuses to buy a new car. What ever you say.

I wonder if I can blame gov. Davis for this.