View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 PM
tdmontg
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JaredKingRanch
I have a 2003 F-150 King Ranch 5.4 My air conditioner is also only blowing out of the defrost when set on "max a/c" however when I change the setting to "vent" the flap will open and blow out of the vents just not cold air. I have taken the dash off and watched the flap open and close when set to "max a/c" it will blow out of vents for a few minutes and then the flap will close and it will start blowing out of defrost...any suggestions on fixing would be appreciated
I have the same exact problem on my 2002 F150 King Ranch. After many exhausting hours of troubleshooting, I got a Ford tech to look at it and run diagnostics. On the 2002/2003 F150 King Ranch it is an electronic temp control. I've heard it called an AC control head or auto temp controller, but it is the same part.
If when set to MAX air, the vents shut off and the air blows through the defrost vent, then this is the part that is bad. Ford sells the part for $479 but you can get a refurbished from Auto & Truck Electronics with a lifetime warranty for $125. The OEM part number is 2L3H18C612AA. Here is the link: ATE:High Quality Rebuilds at Exceptional Pricing