View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 03:00 PM
CS45
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a follow up to the original motor mount post, here's what happened:

Since I was getting Ford racing shorties installed the mech took off the old manifolds, which BTW had one broken stud on the right bank already and he "only" broke 2 studs on the left bank. This gave good clearance / access to the motor mounts. But on my truck the left mount bracket was rivited (4) in so out came the air chisel. The mounts where in dire need of replacement and I'm glad I did them, tranny mount included.

As for the remainder of the exhaust, the Y-pipe and cat that the "tech expert" at Magnaflow stated was a direct fit for my truck wasn't, so I had the shop manufacture a Y-pipe from the headers down to a 3 inch system including the Y, cat and muffler straight out to behind my R/R wheel. Sweet, but now I gotta return the parts to Summit and call up this expert and tell him thanx for nothing.

I'm glad I had someone else with the proper tools and equipment do the job, although it cost me in the end. Oh ya, it sounds Sweeeeeeeet and none of that popping when the throttle is let up. Now to research these 1.7 lifters Mr. C keeps mentioning.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Regards
CS45

Last edited by CS45; 06-21-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: un-acceptable spelling errors