View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:40 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by calforhelp
Yes, the leather in the King Ranch is much nicer in my opinion. It's more of an unfinished, suede look. You know, the kind of leather that is a little um... furry?

They must have switched leather yet again, because it shouldn't be like suede. Not even their saddles are like suede unless you specifically ask for that option, they don't do that generally right off the bat. Unless times are really tough.

Originally Posted by calforhelp
Basically the entire KR package is more luxurious IMO and I think the wheels and chrome bumpers just make the truck look beautiful but still very tough. I believe the KR is still a Lariat just a higher model.
The KR is just a lariet + a little extra. One thing that you have to remember, if you want durability with the leather, "your" going to have to give it a little more care in terms of conditioning. I typically condition mine the same time I conditions the saddles I have(which are also KR made, it pays to have a grandmother that went to grade school with the master saddlemaker there) which turns out to be once a month.

Now there are a lot of different conditions that you can use, some will have different affects on the leather then others. It just depends on what look you are going for with regard to the seats.

However, if they have gone to more of a suede leather, then you won't be conditioning that as suede does not do as well with the conditions that I'm used to using and the only ones that I know about being on the market today. But then again, I don't have reason to look for condition for suede leather as none of my saddles even have suede.