Thread: Road Trip!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow! What a trip..........Left at 0500 and got home at 2400...........The trip down was great. Sunshine and hardly any traffic. Got to Ed's place and got the pickup loaded, then spent 2 hours BSing with Ed. Great guy! Welcome in my home anytime!

The trip home wasn't quite so good........Damn near got in 2 wrecks!

The first happened just north of Bend. Hwy 97 has lots of "passing" lanes to keep congestion to a minimum. I had my turn signal on to merge right, and a late model corvette shot past me on the RIGHT on the shoulder! Scared the crap out of me! The second time, same thing, but at a different passing lane. The second time I was doing the same thing ( right signal on, merging right) I was watching a jacked up suburban in my mirror's when it disappeared. Next thing I know, Miked yelled out and damn near jumped in my lap! The stupid woman driver was along side me on the right shoulder! Mike could have knocked on her drivers window she was so close, and she had a bunch of kids with her!!!

An hour later my heart was still pounding.... Buy the time we got to Grass Valley we where getting low on diesel and the gas station was CLOSED! So we went on to Moro, and the gas station is GONE! Now we are REALLY low on fuel..........When I got up the last long hill after Moro I put the truck in neutral and COASTED the last 16 miles to Biggs in idle......
When we got to the truck stop in Biggs and fuelled up it took 29.61 gallons. I had less than a half a gallon of fuel left...........

All in all it was a good trip though, and well worth it. Mike is extremely happy with his "new" 65, and we made it home alive!