View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:19 PM
money pit 69
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Propane System Fuel Gauges

Hello, Ive been working on my 1972 Olson Kurbmaster Van (OLD BREAD VAN) that has a propane system. Strickley propane. The van is on a Ford chassis with ford running gear. Both tanks were found to be leaking. The main 50 gal leaked at the fuel gauge bad rubber gasket. Since fixed. The smaller tank I'm guessing 25 to 30 gal. It leaked at a plug. Since fixed. There is (1) gauge on the dash for both tanks. There is also a switch that switches the gauge and the tanks from left to right. On the frame I found a spliter manifold which has (2) inlets and (1) outlet that goes up to the engine. When I switch to the left tank the gauge registers full with nothing in the tank. Seems like a short to me. WHAT DO YOU THINK? The manifold has a electric solenoid (1) for each tank and I'm not sure they work either. HOW CAN I CHECK THEM? Should the power wire run from that dash switch to the solenoid and the gauge powering both at one time? The engine runs great on BQ bottle bypassing the manifold. HELP THis propne is a whole other breed to me.